Giving Hearts Day 2020
Giving Hearts Day 2020 is on Thursday, February 13. This is our 4th year of participation. It has become NDAB’s number one annual fundraising opportunity. We have been working hard to make 2020 a good year for NDAB but there are some things you can do to make it even better.
What you can do to help:
- Tell family and friends. Tell them about your experiences with NDAB and how it affects your life.
- You can donate today:
1. Mail a check to NDAB at NDAB, PO Box 824, West Fargo, ND 58078 dated February 13, 2020.
2. From now to February 11th you can schedule a donation. Just go to www.givingheartsday.org and select the “Schedule this Gift” box.
- You can donate on February 13th between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM at www.givingheartsday.org. Select North Dakota Association of the Blind from the charity list.
- You can nominate NDAB to win $2500! Gate City Bank will give 30 charities $2500 each. All you need to do is go to your local branch or to https://www.gatecity.bank/giving-hearts-day/ You can nominate NDAB as many times as you would like from now to Feb. 4 for this random drawing. We won $2500 in 2018. Maybe we can do it again in 2020.
- You can vote for our submission at the VISIONBank Giving Hearts Day Video Challenge. Simply visit https://www.visionbanks.com/giving-hearts-day/north-dakota-association-of-the-blind/ to vote.
Our vision is for all blind and visually impaired North Dakotans to live fulfilling, independent lives!
You are important and your participation is vital in helping us achieve a perfect vision.
20/20 VISION IN 2020
Educating and Encouraging Since 1936
Are you a person with vision loss?
Do you know someone with vision loss?
There is help.
The North Dakota Association of the Blind is a volunteer organization that has been educating and encouraging people with vision loss since 1936. We strive to enhance the way of life for people who are blind or visually impaired, to encourage employment opportunities, and to educate the public about sight loss.
NDAB provides assistance with learning adaptive daily living skills, and alternative leisure activities. We organize and run a week-long camp where these skills can be developed. Learn more about camp here.
If you want to share your daily challenges or get ideas on how to complete a task using reduced or no vision, local support groups are available offering mentoring and support. Learn more about support groups here. For students who are pursuing further education, NDAB has scholarships. Learn more here. We are here to help make life more livable.
We also promote the awareness of sight loss through lobbying, fund raising, and conventions. Without fund raising or donations, NDAB would fail in its mission. If you want to help, you can become a member, or make a donation.
|NDAB annual convention, Grand Forks||Friday. June 5th – Sunday June 7th 2020||More Details.|