Educating and Encouraging Since 1936
Are you a person with vision loss?
Do you know someone with vision loss?
There is help.
The North Dakota Association of the Blind is a volunteer organization that has been educating and encouraging people who are blind since 1936. We strive to enhance the way of life for people who are blind or visually impaired, to encourage employment opportunities, and to educate the public about sight loss.
Our vision is for all North Dakotans who are blind or visually impaired to live fulfilling, independent lives!
If you want to share your daily challenges or get ideas on how to complete a task using reduced or no vision, local support groups are available offering mentoring and support. Learn more about support groups here.
For students who are pursuing further education, NDAB has scholarships. Learn more here. We are here to help make life more livable.
Congratulations to NDAB’s 2022 scholarship recipients, Amy Osvold and Faith Norby! Amy is obtaining her masters in social work from Florida State University. Faith is a first year student at the University of Mary in Bismarck majoring in English Education.
NDAB provides assistance with learning adaptive daily living skills, and alternative leisure activities. We organize and run a week-long camp where these skills can be developed. Learn more about camp here.
If you want to hear what our members think of NDAB, then watch the video below:
- Important Sports and Recreation Committee AnnouncementThe Sports & Recreation Committee is pleased to announce we will once again be hosting our 4th annual retreat at Wesley Acres near Dazey, ND. The event will be held September 16th, 17th & 18th, starting at 3:00 p.m. on the 16th and ending at noon on the 18th. This year’s event will be similar …
- The unexpected star of NASA’s Webb images — the alt text descriptionsThe unexpected star of NASA’s Webb images — the alt text descriptions A team in Baltimore was responsible for the words that made the stunning photos accessible to everyone Read full article here
- 2022 Call to ConventionThe Fargo Convention Planning Committee invites you to “See Blind Possible” at the 2022 convention of the North Dakota Association of the Blind on Friday, June 10th, through Sunday, June 12th. The convention will be held at the Holiday Inn Express Fargo SW, near Sanford Medical Center, at 4711 19th Ave. S., Fargo. A block …
- Students learn about life with vision lossStudents at Our Redeemer’s Christian School had the opportunity to learn and understand how life with vision loss impacts people. They had the chance to learn about and play goalball, which is a game played mainly by those who are blind and visually impaired. Read full article here.
- ND Governor White Cane Safety Day Proclamation
|NDVS/SB Adult Week Programming in Grand Forks||May 15-20|
|NDVS/SB Adult Week Programming in Grand Forks||June 5-10|
|NDAB Convention in Fargo||June 10-12||More info available here.|
|ACB Convention in Omaha, Nebraska||July 1-8||More Info coming soon.|
|NDAB Camp at Camp Grassick||August 7-15||Camp info here.|
|White Cane Safety Day||15-Oct|